Sunday, April 22, 2007

Ashley, the alligator

Just in case you didn't know, my husband, Mike, is one of my most favorite people in the world for many, many reasons. I love that he can watch sports on TV 365 days a year. I love that he can kick my butt at Trivial Pursuit (I think that I have only won once and it was a cheap win - with Casper the Ghost being the answer on pink - I still did a victory dance but yeah, it was a cheap win). I love that he knows tons of stuff about history and will explain it on these long walks without being too political about it.

One of the best things about him is that he does tons of tourist stuff and loves it. Yes, we have been to the Drive-Thru tree in Northern California. Who could ever forget the drug bust we witnessed at the Meteor Crater? The first time I went to Graceland was with Mike and I am from West Tennessee.

Anyway, on one of our many trips to Florida, he insisted on going to this alligator farm. The main event was to see this huge alligator called Superman. The tour "guide" hands Mike the walkie talkie before heading in to the cage. He says "If anything happens, tell them Superman got me. You speak English, right?". Yep...fun trip. Anyway, everyone survived and on the way back to the bus, we were admiring lots of alligators just laying around sunning. Well, all of a sudden, one decided it wanted something and just took off. We both freaked...it was super quick and scared us to death.

Well, that's Ashley. She looks all innocent and babylike. She moves around a little but will still whine for one of us to pick her up. This all holds true until you open the dishwasher. She flies across the room and is in the dishwasher pulling out steak knives before you can do anything.

No comments: