Sunday, July 1, 2007

Wicked Game


This morning, Ashley and I were in the livingroom playing. I was catching up on an FX series that I like. Yes, I said FX. She seriously does not pay a bit of attention to the TV usually. Let's stay on topic here people. You can lecture me later.
Ashley, all of a sudden, dropped what she was playing with and stared at the TV. One of the ads for a new series was playing. It featured a cover of 'Wicked Game' by Giant Drag. She just stared at the TV and started rocking out with a little head bob and later added some bounce. I thought it would be a one time thing but she repeated it every time the song came on. I ordered it from ITunes for her so she's a happy girl.
I really didn't think she paid much attention to music. It sorta reminds me of the time that Cserno and I were staying with our friends Katie and Anna. Katie was 3 maybe 4 at the time. She said "Beth, do you like meatloaf?". I said, "Sure, is that what you would like for dinner?". She looked at me strangely. I later realized that we were listening to a mix CD that featured Meat Loaf as one of the performers. It didn't even occur to me that she would be familiar with Mr. Paradise by the Dashboard Light. Kids today are way cooler than I ever was...not that that is saying much :).

1 comment:

BartLennon said...

I hope you got that girl a guitar for her birthday.