Sunday, October 14, 2007

My friend Rochelle

My dear friend, Rochelle Fuqua Yuill, passed away this week after a long battle with cancer. Rochelle and I met at Tennessee Tech when we were in the same pledge class in Kappa Delta. She has been an amazing friend.

I will miss our weekly walks and gossip sessions. She knew when to listen to me vent and when to tease me if I was overthinking something.

I am thankful that she remained comfortable until very recently. As her best friend, Lori, reminded me, Rochelle never once questioned "Why me?" and remained so positive. I have learned so much from her and to steal from Brooke, I am a better person for having known her.

Mike and I are going to walk on Rochelle's team, Jake's joggers, for a 5K the first weekend in November. If you would like to donate to Rochelle's Komen Race for the Cure team, please use the link: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=232528&lis=1&kntae232528=8DE6343CD41744B382355D4ABE891B93&supId=146322434

No comments: